Below is a quick highlight of my work experience. To learn more about my professional experience, please connect with me on LinkedIn.
Not included below is the years of experience I gained working as a cook at my family’s restaurant (Brooks Family Dining) growing up; pancakes and french toast were my specialties. It’s also where I learned about the value of a strong work ethic, how to work together as a team under pressure, and the importance of workplace culture. All thanks to working side by side with the owner; my Dad.
Grant is a data driven digital marketer who enjoys leading challenging projects, problem solving and
delivering superior results. Possesses a deep knowledge in areas of conversion optimization
testing, web strategy and data analytics. Thrives on being adaptable in a fast-paced setting,
driving business growth and developing others. And enjoys being part of ambitious teams
pursuing exceptional results.
Digital Product Optimization, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, April 2017 to Dec 2017
Responsible for developing the vision, strategy, structured process and roadmap for the conversion
optimization program across the portfolio of global Carlson Rezidor hotel brands in order to drive growth in
revenue and other KPIs through testing and experimentation in addition to leading user research initiatives.
● Designed and executed the strategic vision and structured process for the conversion
optimization testing program
● Leveraged internal and 3rd party tools to drive A/B and multivariate tests ideas to evaluate
improvements to the user experience based on quantitative and qualitative data
● Continuously evaluated testing opportunities through website user data analysis, guest surveys,
in-person and remote user experience testing, and competitive assessments
● Partnered with web analytics team to gain detailed, specific analytical insights to direct strategic
approach to test measurement
● Led usability research to continuously improve site quality and performance as well as inform
the design of a well optimized user experience
● Delivers detailed presentations and reports, used for sharing user experience insights and
optimization recommendations to product managers and executive stakeholders
Marketing Program Manager – Site Optimization, Digital River, July 2016 to April 2017
Responsible for managing end-to-end conversion optimization services for e-commerce brands in order to
positively impact KPI’s and drive growth in revenue.
● Led conversion optimization initiatives for 4-6 hardware and software client partners
● Conducted data analysis through Google Analytics, site analysis tools and user testing to
undercover data-driven insights for testing opportunities and recommendations
● Responsible for managing the design, execution and monitoring of AB and multivariate tests
● Delivered detailed oral and written reports, insights and recommendations to clients and internal
● Engaged cross-functional teams regarding AB testing, user experience and content strategy
● Completed a/b testing campaigns with double-digit percentage lifts to RPV and other KPIs
Associate Marketing Manager – Website Strategy, Collegis Education, Feb. 2014 to July 2016
Led conversion rate optimization testing and content strategy initiatives for driving meaningful improvements to
client websites in order to support business goals and overall growth.
● Conducted website analysis and user research for discovering optimization opportunities
● Led end-to-end conversion optimization process for higher education clients initiatives
● Directed a/b and multivariate testing projects for optimizing web properties
● Generated consistent lifts in website conversion rates directly impacting key business goals
● Communicated all optimization testing plans and content strategies to clients
● Led the development of content strategies for web projects and site redesigns
● Provided vetted recommendations for site architecture, taxonomy, and UX
Inbound Marketing Specialist – Team Lead, Collegis Education, Aug. 2013 to Feb. 2014
Managed a small team of inbound marketing specialist in the creation of optimized content, driving editorial
innovations and exceeding website traffic and conversion goals.
● Managed the development of large-scale data visualizations for content marketing initiatives
● Led social advertising strategies for driving toward key performance indicators across clients
● Supervised team of inbound marketing specialists through the content creation process
● Developed message map and dynamic email retention campaign for prospects
Inbound Marketing Specialist, Rasmussen College, Feb. 2012 to Aug. 2013
Responsible for content creation, search engine optimized editorial planning and social media marketing on the best in-house search team in 2013 according to the U.S. Search Awards.
● Developed highly optimized content for driving website traffic and conversions
● Provided social media account management for Facebook, Twitter and Google+
● Created superior results that proved the viability of scaling the content team internally
Senior Program Manager, Rasmussen College, Nov. 2009 to Feb. 2012
Responsible for engaging with prospect inquiries to help lead them through the conversion funnel for enrolling.
Account Executive, Imperial Meridian Capital, Sept. 2008 to Nov. 2009
Responsible for working with small to medium-sized business owners and provide financial service assistance.
Bachelors of Science in Marketing, 2008
Southwest Minnesota State University, Magna Cum Laude
Associate in Arts Degree, 2006
Central Lakes College
Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Optimizely Platform Certified,
Market Motive Certifications: Social Media, Internet Marketing, SEO
Director of Content Marketing, Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association, Feb. 2014 to Present
Leader of the content strategy, editorial development, copywriting and conversion optimization initiatives for
supporting the overall mission, goals, and growth of the non-profit organization.